EMS is one of the longest standing microbiology testing labs in Scotland.
We specialise in testing Scottish products, water, salmon, beef, seafood, sweets and bakery goods.
Not only do we do all the right testing to accredited standards but we also offer technical advice as part of the service. To ensure our testing is correct we participate in several interlaboratory proficiency testing schemes, we make our results freely available to our customers providing evidence of our accuracy.
- Extensive UKAS scope for food microbiology testing
- Approved lab for product listing in Tesco (TLAS)
- Approved lab for product listing in Marks and Spencer (ISA)
- We can also provide Lidl prelisting reports.
We have been conducting food safety testing for over a decade. Testing can be split into the following areas:
- Staphylococcus aureus
- E. coli 0157
- Bacillus Cereus
- Clostridium perfringens
- TVC @30°C in 48hr (and 72 hr)
- Bacillus species
- Clostridium species
- Anaerobic and Aerobic spores #
- Lactic Acid Bacteria
- Yeast and Moulds
- Acetobacter #
Tests Marked with # are not UKAS accredited
There are several methods available for testing:
- PCR – PCR testing is the fastest most sensitive method on offer. We can deliver you a “none found” result within 24 hours for Listeria, Salmonella, Vibrio or E. coli 0157 should you require this for positive release products or for urgent investigative work.
- ELISA – quick and cost-effective testing for routine testing for Salmonella and E. coli 0157.
- Cultural (ISO) – international standards for comparable testing.
There are advantages to each testing method we offer, and we will work with you to identify the best method for your needs.
In addition to our testing services we also provide:
- Technical advice on tests and results for your industry
- Intuitive Lambda Gateway data management software
- Full sampling and collection services.
EMS participate in several interlaboratory proficiency testing schemes, and make all results freely available to our customers to provide evidence of our level of accuracy.
- All sampling materials are provided
- Sampling service can be provided
- Collection in temperature controlled vans
- Samples delivered to EMS same day
- Samples received before 5pm will be tested same day
- Reports are sent via email each night to the appropriate individual
- Results are available in a range of formats
- Simplest form of delivery consists of an Excel file covering up to last 180 days samples
- Access to our Trending system, Lambda Gateway creates graphs and trend reports which are excellent for investigative work
- Test reports are sent out via email in PDF format
- A separate PDF report is sent alerting you to your “Out of Specification” (OOS) results.