Want to be a part of our team?
Our bespoke training provides our employees with the full skillset they need for a microbiological career. Our IT department create our own software applications to ensure that our systems are optimised. Our chemistry lab is fully accredited for nutritional testing amongst other tests. Our company directors have an open-door policy, so you will always be able to get help, advice or offer up your own ideas to help our company grow.
We are always looking for Microbiology Lab Technicians and keep CVs in accordance to GDPR regulation, so contact our HR Manager if you think you would be a good fit for our company.
If you are looking for a career in science and are prepared to join a challenging, rewarding, fun and fast paced working environment we would like to speak to you. We are looking to add to our team of scientists to assist us in:
- working to our UKAS accredited Quality System
- providing general assistance to laboratory staff at all levels.
- carrying out housekeeping duties
- preparing samples for analysis
- producing microbiological culture media
- washing laboratory glassware
- disposing of all laboratory waste in accordance with procedures
No experience necessary but a genuine interest in science and personal development is a must.
The hours are 1:00pm to 9:30pm Monday to Friday plus a weekend rotation of one in four.
Career progression is guaranteed for motivated and hardworking individuals.
Operational Quality Manager
Due to growth at Express Micro Science, the position of Operational Quality Manager has been created. This is a new role within the company that requires the candidate to be fluid and keen to work through change. Due to the expanding nature of the company, this role is a great opportunity not only for personal growth and development, but also to forge your own path in the company and wider industry.
Qualifications and Experience Include:
- Educated to degree level in Microbiology or a related discipline
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of Microbiology laboratory with UKAS accreditation ISO 17025 and RSA
- 1 year previous experience in a Quality role
- Good IT skills, Word, Excel, LIMS, and data analysis capabilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- A good eye for detail
As part of our Quality Team, you will be responsible for the maintenance of UKAS accreditation (and other accreditations where appropriate). You will be working alongside the Lab Manager and Lab Supervisors. You will be responsible for ensuring the needs of the business and customers are met or exceeded within the scope of an accredited lab.
You will report to the Head of Technical, as a matter of urgency, any issues affecting Quality in the laboratory. You will be supporting the Supervisors and Lab Manager in ensuring all proposed improvements for the laboratory are implemented, to include quality, customer service, resource efficiency and Health and Safety
Routine duties include but are not limited to:
- Routine Quality Control checks
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 17025 accreditation requirements
- Ensure all laboratory methods and procedures are current and reflect existing practice
- Investigate root causes of quality problems and discuss with Technical on proposed solutions
- Train laboratory staff in ISO 17025, auditing, non-conforming work investigations and root cause analysis
The chosen candidate must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com, or give her a call on 015068450405
Requirements of Chemistry Analyst:
- Minimum HNC or 2 years relevant experience.
- Be familiar with and proven proficient in Chemical Testing and interpretation of results
- Understanding analytical processes to produce systems that will facilitate laboratory throughput whilst improving quality.
- Have a working knowledge of UKAS principles for Laboratory Accreditation to ISO 17025/2017
- Experience in operating CG and HPLC is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team
Responsibilities of the Chemistry Analyst:
- To provide with due care and attention, accurate, quality and timely Chemical Analysis as required by the core business of EMS
- Ensure testing of samples are carried out within agreed timescales and with strict adherence to written method and procedures.
- Take part in External and Internal Quality assurance schedules in order to assure competency and complete all associated documentation.
- Chemical preparation.
Benefits of (Chemistry Analyst):
- 28 days holidays increases to 30 days after 2 years.
- NEST pension
- Parking space available
- Career progression with a company that continues to grow.
- £20,900 per annum
This is a full-time role currently Monday – Friday 9.30am – 6pm, this may be subject to change in order to meet the needs of the business.
Head of Customer Services
Purpose of the role: Head of Customer Service will be responsible for the overseeing of the Customer Service Department.
The Customer Service team is there to provide a confident, calm, and professional service to all clients. They maintain and develop relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the reviewing of request tenders and contracts as per ISO 17025.
- Responsible for ensuring all sub-contracting is carried out as per ISO 17025.
- Complete all customer service NCRs.
- Working together with our Customer Service team and other departments to respond to enquiries efficiently, providing a top-class service that our customers have come to expect. This is usually by phone or by email.
- Answering phone calls and where appropriate, passing the call onto the relevant department.
- To be the conduit for other departments to communicate with our customers about any on-going or proposed testing.
- To keep customer files updated including all prices against suites and types completed accurately against limits.
- Ensure governing body requirements are met in relation to customer contracts and all suppliers of these retailers have signed contracts each year.
- Ensure all Customer Service EMSOS procedures are regularly reviewed, for improvement and efficient practices.
- To work with the Business Development Manager on ‘New’ customer enquiries, quotations, and work plans, as required.
- To liaise with the technical team to agree suitable testing and sampling plans for client and to ensure statutory requirements are met.
- To investigate Customer Complaints as per policy and procedure.
- Carry out a Customer Satisfaction survey on a 24-month rolling programme. Maintain a customer feedback programme capturing all feedback throughout the year.
- To update Customers directly concerning “Out of Spec results” e.g. Legionella, Salmonella, and Listeria counts.
- Prepare trend reports using excel for our customers.
- Attend a one-to-one meeting weekly with the BDM.
- Attend Customer meetings when required and appropriate.
Minimum Degree preferably in Microbiology or another associated Science.
At least 1 year experience working in a Micro or Chemistry lab.
Experience within a busy Customer Service environment is essential
Must be eligible for work in the UK.
Have a working knowledge of UKAS principles for Laboratory Accreditation to ISO17025.
If you are interested in applying for these roles please send your CV to Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01506 845 405 for further information.