Want to be a part of our team?
Our bespoke training provides our employees with the full skillset they need for a microbiological career. Our IT department create our own software applications to ensure that our systems are optimised. Our chemistry lab is fully accredited for nutritional testing amongst other tests. Our company directors have an open-door policy, so you will always be able to get help, advice or offer up your own ideas to help our company grow.
We are always looking for Microbiology Lab Technicians and keep CVs in accordance to GDPR regulation, so contact our HR Manager if you think you would be a good fit for our company.
If you are looking for a career in science and are prepared to join a challenging, rewarding, fun and fast paced working environment we would like to speak to you. We are looking to add to our team of scientists to assist us in:
- working to our UKAS accredited Quality System
- providing general assistance to laboratory staff at all levels.
- carrying out housekeeping duties
- preparing samples for analysis
- producing microbiological culture media
- washing laboratory glassware
- disposing of all laboratory waste in accordance with procedures
No experience necessary but a genuine interest in science and personal development is a must.
The hours are 1:00pm to 9:30pm Monday to Friday plus a weekend rotation of one in four.
Career progression is guaranteed for motivated and hardworking individuals.
Operational Quality Manager
Due to growth at Express Micro Science, the position of Operational Quality Manager has been created. This is a new role within the company that requires the candidate to be fluid and keen to work through change. Due to the expanding nature of the company, this role is a great opportunity not only for personal growth and development, but also to forge your own path in the company and wider industry.
Qualifications and Experience Include:
- Educated to degree level in Microbiology or a related discipline
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of Microbiology laboratory with UKAS accreditation ISO 17025 and RSA
- 1 year previous experience in a Quality role
- Good IT skills, Word, Excel, LIMS, and data analysis capabilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- A good eye for detail
As part of our Quality Team, you will be responsible for the maintenance of UKAS accreditation (and other accreditations where appropriate). You will be working alongside the Lab Manager and Lab Supervisors. You will be responsible for ensuring the needs of the business and customers are met or exceeded within the scope of an accredited lab.
You will report to the Head of Technical, as a matter of urgency, any issues affecting Quality in the laboratory. You will be supporting the Supervisors and Lab Manager in ensuring all proposed improvements for the laboratory are implemented, to include quality, customer service, resource efficiency and Health and Safety
Routine duties include but are not limited to:
- Routine Quality Control checks
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 17025 accreditation requirements
- Ensure all laboratory methods and procedures are current and reflect existing practice
- Investigate root causes of quality problems and discuss with Technical on proposed solutions
- Train laboratory staff in ISO 17025, auditing, non-conforming work investigations and root cause analysis
The chosen candidate must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give her a call on 015068450405