Our new state of the art chemistry lab offers the fastest nutritional testing in Scotland.
- UKAS accredited chemistry lab.
- Test food products to meet all legislative requirements.
- Full nutritional testing available
- QUID declaration meat content
- Dairy testing
- Allergen testing
- Control of botulinum testing
- Specialists in fish testing
- CEM MARS 6 microwave assisted reaction system, provides fully optimised solvent extraction and derivatisation to prove complete omega fatty acid claims.
- Lidl Reports
- Traffic light labelling (FOP lozenges).
At Express Micro Science we can conduct full nutritional testing, which can include up to 39 components:
QUID declaration meat content
- Stubbs & Moore method
- Connective tissue
- Declarable meat
- QUID declaration
- Added water
With so many food allergies existing today, it is imperative for food manufacturers to be able to provide the appropriate information. EMS currently perform the following allergen tests:
- Sulphur dioxide
- Other tests coming soon
- Labelling compliance
- Microbiological Analysis
- Nutritional Analysis
- Additional Analysis
- Fat by Rose-Gottlieb
Control of Botulinum testing
Guidance from the Food Standards Agency states, “It is important that vacuum packed chilled foods have the necessary controlling factors in place to minimise the risk of growth and toxin production by this organism.” Express Micro Science offers the following tests to support your control processes:
- Water activity
- Aqueous Salt
Specialists in fish testing
- Total Volatile Base Nitrogen (TVBN)#