EMS is one of the longest standing microbiology testing labs in Scotland.
We specialise in testing Scottish products, water, salmon, beef, seafood, sweets and bakery goods.
Not only do we do all the right testing to accredited standards but we also offer technical advice as part of the service. To ensure our testing is correct we participate in several interlaboratory proficiency testing schemes, we make our results freely available to our customers providing evidence of our accuracy.
- Extensive UKAS scope for food microbiology testing – UCAS number 2622
- Approved lab for product listing in Tesco (RSA)
- Approved lab for product listing in Marks and Spencer (RSA)
- We can also provide Lidl prelisting reports.
We have been conducting food safety testing for over a decade. Testing can be split into the following areas:
- Staphylococcus aureus
- E. coli 0157
- Bacillus Cereus
- Clostridium perfringens
- TVC @30°C in 48hr (and 72 hr)
- Bacillus species
- Clostridium species#
- Anaerobic and Aerobic spores #
- Lactic Acid Bacteria
- Yeast and Moulds
- Acetobacter #
Tests Marked with # are not UKAS accredited
There are several methods available for testing:
- ELISA – quick and cost-effective testing for routine testing for Salmonella and E. coli 0157.
- Cultural (ISO) – international standards for comparable testing.
There are advantages to each testing method we offer, and we will work with you to identify the best method for your needs.
In addition to our testing services we also provide:
- Technical advice on tests and results for your industry
- Intuitive Lambda Gateway data management software
- Full sampling and collection services.
EMS participate in several interlaboratory proficiency testing schemes, and make all results freely available to our customers to provide evidence of our level of accuracy.
- Sampling materials maybe provided and will be chargeable
- Sampling service can be provided
- Collection in temperature controlled vans
- Samples delivered to EMS same day
Getting Testing Done Couldn’t Be Easier
Organising Your Testing
Contact Customer Services on 01506 845 405 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our onsite team will provide you with a quote, send out any necessary sampling materials and arrange for collection of samples if required.
- Electronic registration systems are available at no extra cost, which makes registering large orders quick and easy. We also supply a printer to barcode each sample ensuring traceability from factory to lab.
- For small orders, please use our paperwork. We can provide individual paperwork for repeat orders, or you can download our generic form here.
- Soon we will be launching an online registration system, contact us for more information.
- Samples received before 5pm will be tested on the same day.
- Reports are sent via email each night to the appropriate individual.
- Results are available in a range of formats:
- The simplest form of delivery consists of an Excel file covering up to the last 180 days samples.
- Access to our Trending system Lambda Gateway creates graphs and trend reports which are excellent for investigative work.
- Test reports are sent out via email in PDF format.
- A separate PDF report is sent alerting you to your “Out of Specification” (OOS) results.