Poultry & Agriculture
- We supply all sampling materials for rearers (including broilers) and layers.
- Kits include pre-paid and addressed labels for ease of submission.
- Test reports are sent out within 3 days for Non-Detected results.
- Presumed positives are reported by both telephone and email for quickest possible contact.
- We will keep you informed of the progress on confirmation.
- Poultry health lab approved for official Control of Salmonella in Poultry Order (CSPO) testing by DEFRA and Scottish Government.
- Certified to carry out microbiological and serological testing across all aspects of poultry, including bird production, and hatchery / factory hygiene monitoring.
- EN ISO 6579-1:2017
- Lion Code Manual processes used in all egg testing.
- Covering all areas of the United Kingdom.
We also participate in the Animal Plant Health Agency’s interlaboratory testing programme for Salmonella in the Control of Salmonella in Poultry Order and currently maintain 100% accuracy.
We are also accredited to carry out all the water testing requirements for your poultry facilities, as detailed in our water testing section.
What do I need to do to stay compliant?
- Remember the time between sampling and testing must not exceed 4 days.
- Do not leave it until last minute, as any delays can mean birds may not be moved without final results.
- You must keep your papers and sample submission forms in order.
Sample Submission Forms
Follow the links below to make sure you are using our most up to date submission form. If you do not use the most up to date forms, it may take longer for us to process your samples or, in some cases, we may not be able to process them at all.
|Name of Kit||Contains||Components|
|Boot Swab||1x pair of plastic boot covers, 4 x mob caps|
|Layers Pre-Housing Kit||1 x gauze swab (aka bait box swab), 9 x gauze swabs|
|Rearers Pre-Housing Kit||1 x gauze swab (aka bait box swab), 6 x gauze swabs|
|Transport Lorry Swab||4 x 2 gauze swabs in a ziplock bag|
|Muck Belt Swab||2 x mob caps, 2 x cloths, 1x pair of boot covers|
|Muck Belt Laying Kit (Non-cage Layers)||5 x Muck Belt Swab, 1x Layers Pre-Housing Kit|
|Muck Belt Laying Kit (Cage Layers)||4 x cloths|
|Non Cage Laying Kit||5 x Boot Swab, 1 x Layers Pre-Housing Kit, 6 x free post address stickers|
|Water Sampling Kits - Micro||1 x 500 ml red lidded micro bottle, 1 x free post address sticker|
|Water Sampling Kits - Chemistry||1 x 1L blue lidded chemistry bottle, 1 x free post address sticker|
|Litter Rearing Kit||1 x Boot Swab, 1 x Rearers Pre-Housing Kit, 4 x ziplock bags, 5 x free post address stickers, all in one ziplock bag|
|Broiler||1 x Boot Swab per shed (will be dictated by customer), 7 x stick swabs, one free post sticker per shed|
|Cage Laying Kit||1 x Layers Pre-Housing Kit, 8 x ziplock sample bags, 5 x free post address stickers all in one ziplock bag|
|Cage Rearing Kit||1 x Rearer's Pre-Housing Kit, 4 x ziplock sample bags, 3 x free post address stickers, all in one ziplock bag|